The 23 shops and businesses that are taking part in Christ Church’s Advent Window project in December have been revealed.
The giant community Advent calendar will be revealed day by day in and around the High Street in the build-up to Christmas. Twenty-three shops and businesses will decorate their windows as different Christmas carols and open their windows on a particular day. The festive initiative is being organised by Stone’s Pam Pott for Christ Church, who has been inspired by similar projects in Welwyn Garden City and Brockley in London.
The last window to be opened on Christmas Eve will be at Christ Church itself, on Christ Church Way, with a life-size crib scene based on Once In Royal David’s City in the foyer.
Here are the 23 shops and businesses, along with Christ Church, that are taking part, in order, in December:
1. Tim Toft Violins, Radford Street
2. Chantilly, High Street
3. Radford Gallery, Radford Street
4. Regent Travel, High Street
5. The Crown Hotel, High Street
6. Katharine House Hospice charity shop, High Street
7. The Bike Shack, Radford Street
8. Orange phone shop, Somerfield arcade, off High Street
9. The Blue Room restaurant, Radford Street
10. Yarn Gathering, Radford Street
11. Tailored Floors, High Street
12. The Mill, Mill Street
13. Birchill pharmacy, High Street
14. Shelter charity shop, High Street
15. Wikijum, High Street
16. Tinsley Garner estate agents, Mill Street
17. Russel’s butchers, Adie’s Alley
18. Bailey’s, High Street
19. The Royal Exchange, Radford Street
20. The Traditional Flower Co, Lichfield Street
21. Home and Colour, High Street
22. Shear Genius, Oulton Road
23. Kitchen Shop, Somerfield arcade, off High Street
24. Christ Church, Christ Church Way
Schools and community groups in Stone will soon be working with the businesses to create their masterpieces – and they’ll bring something very special to the town this Christmas!