The workshop costs £20 per head and is taking place on Sunday April the 9th from 12:30pm – 2:30pm.
Profits from the workshop will be donate to the Riley Clay fund. Riley is a local boy with Extrarenal Rhabdoid Cancer and will need to go to Germany for Proton therapy once his chemo-therapy is completed. The proton therapy costs in the region of £120,000.
The workshop is suitable for all ages from teenagers to…well there’s no upper age limit! The course is aimed at the less experienced poet but everyone will gain something from it. There is limited availability, at the time of writing there are only 10 places left, so acceptance is on a first come first served basis.
The title of the workshop is, “The poetry of place” and will cover the following areas/subjects:
- The two Hippos of poetry will explain the difference between show and tell
- You’ll learn how to organise a poem
- You’ll learn about structure
- You’ll share your thoughts and ideas
- You’ll have a lot of fun
- You’ll eat cake.
- You’ll write the best, most amazingly fantastic poem ever