Ahead of the Stone Natwest branch closure in October Kym Jones has been appointed as NatWest Community Banker for the Staffordshire region
In her new role Kym will be holding surgeries on a weekly basis in Trentham Methodist Church on Mondays from 10am to 1pm; Walton Community Centre on Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm, and Stone Library on Thursdays from 10am to 1.30pm.
NatWest has introduced a new role in response to the changing ways customers bank. Community Bankers will work in local communities recently affected by branch closures. As part of their role, they will provide customers with personal assistance in accessing the right banking options for their needs across a range of channels.
Commenting on her new role, Kym said:
“I’m excited to have the opportunity to develop a strong relationship with our customers in Staffordshire, helping to ensure that NatWest remains an important part of its many thriving communities. The impact of technological changes on the way people bank with us has been dramatic but we’re also aware that not everyone is comfortable with these changes.
“In my role as Community Banker, I’m looking forward to hosting regular events at local venues to help educate customers on being financially fit, training them on the different ways to bank in a digital world and how they can protect themselves from fraudsters.”
As part of their role, Community Bankers will:
- Host regular events across the community to educate customers on being financially fit, living in the digital world and preventing fraud. These events will be held in local venues.
- Conduct financial health checks with customers, to identify opportunities to help them with new products or services appropriate to their goals, needs and priorities. These events will also be held in local community venues.
- Engage with the community through a number of channels such as charity events, social groups and other community activities
- Utilise social media to increase their presence in the community, through the sharing of useful and relevant financial and digital information and tips
- Signpost and/or coach customers through our online application process for new products and services, providing them with the skills to self serve for future needs.
- Maintain and deepen relations through proactively conducting targeted customers care calls, particularly those who might otherwise lose contact with the bank taking the time to educate them in the variety of different ways to bank
- Proactively educate customers in the different ways to bank, supporting them in choosing the right service options for their needs