All former employees are welcome to attend the reunion at Wetherspoons in Stone on 24th September from 7pm.
For more information, mail Terry williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
Lotus was originally named Bostock’s and was founded in the 18th century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own factories in Stafford, Stone and Northampton. In 1919 the three factories amalgamated to become Lotus, which remained in Stone until the 1970s. The building on Longton Road was purchased by GEC Meters and is today occupied by ABB.
There are lots of photos of the Lotus factory on the excellent Staffordshire Past Track website.