Taking place at World of Wedgwood on Saturday 10th March 2018, the spring fair will showcase the entries to this years teams.
The Young Enterprise Company Programme is an annual enterprise challange for teenagers.
Over the period of one academic year, students make all the decisions about their business enterprise. This will include the important step of deciding on an enterprise name and what product they are goind to develop. Business plans need to be created and they will need to manage the student company finances.
The companies can have up to 25 students who are supported by a volunteer Business Adviser. The advisor brings a wealth of business knowledge and expertise to the company.
The programme provides a range of resources to help manage the company. Teams track their own progress using self assessment tools and even compete against other schools in local, regional and national competitions.
The list of schools and colleges taking part in our region are:
- Alleyne’s Academy – Stone
- Sir Graham Balfour
- Rawlett School
- Pagett High School
- Newcastle Under Lyme School
- St Dominics (Breewood)
- Madeley High School
- St John Fisher
- Stafford Grammar
- Walton High School
- Stoke Sixth Form College
- King Edwards (Lichfield)
- Painsley Sixth Form
- King Edwards (Stafford)
Here are some evaluations of the young enterprise programme:
• 95% of young people of young people felt the have improved at least one employability competency including Self-esteem, Problem solving and Resilience.
• 92% of teachers agree that Company Programme has increased self-awareness in student’s capabilities and potential
• 73% of young people agree the business adviser they met on the programme helped them understand the world of work
• 81% of young people reported that Company Programme was useful in learning how to manage money.
• 89% of teachers agree Company Programme has raised students’ employability skills
• 76% of teachers agree that Company Programme raises young people’s career aspirations (understanding what various roles entail in terms of responsibilities)