There are a number of major roadworks planned for Stone over the summer months, some including road closures
This map shows the next three months worth of roadworks in and around Stone over the summer period.
There are major roadworks on Eccleshall Road as a new access junction is added for the new housing estate as well as the A34 having roadworks from Aston roundabout to Meaford roundabout for Western Power.
It’s worthwhile bookmarking roadworks.org which provides a map of the various scheduled works across the UK.
Here are some “highlights” of what summer 2018 will bring to Stone:
- Resurfacing along Eccleshall Road (early June)
- New T junction and mini roundabout on Eccleshall Road (June – Sept)
- A34 Aston roundabout to Meaford roundabout – Western Power – Lane Closures (June – Sept)
- Oulton Road – New Gas Main – Closure (End Jul to Mid Aug)
- A51 – Bury Bank – Resurfacing (12 – 19 Jun)
Helen Fisher, Cabinet Member for highways at Staffordshire County Council said:
“Keeping a rural county the size of Staffordshire on the move can be a challenge at times, especially when you have to factor in highways maintenance, major developments, utility and telecom projects and emergency work – sometimes all at once.
“We always work very hard with utility companies and developers to co-ordinate works to help reduce costs and minimise any disruption to businesses and the travelling public.
“The majority of these works are improvement projects being paid for by the developers.”