With an ever-increasing occupancy level Stone is about to welcome national eyewear retailer Specsavers to the High Street
The deal is close to being finalised with works already being carried out on the former Patterns/Bailey’s DIY store at the top of the High Street.
As the legal paperwork is still in progress nothing official has been released from either Specsavers or the landlord, however, a make-shift sign in the window explains that its to become a Specsavers.
The addition of Specsavers would leave only three empty retail properties in Stone’s main High Street:
- Former Chatwins/Edisons building near Superdrug
- Former Victoria Wine/Sue Ryder charity shop, next to All Seasons
- Former AgeUK 99p charity shop next to AEDdonate
We think there are another 4 units available just outside of the core High Street:
- Unit within the arcade, just down from the B&M entrance
- Former Set in Stone – Radford Street
- Former Mirella – Radford Street – Mirella have now moved into the former NatWest bank at the top of the High Street
- Former Abbey Framing – Lichfield Street – Relocated and reborn as Vantage Point Creative in the court yard behind the library.
It’s really encouraging to see another national retailer supplementing the excellent range of independent and national retailers that we already have in Stone.